Sunday, May 29, 2011

Josh's off to the army.


May 29, Olney.

Josh had joined us again shortly after we left Arkansas. He's leaving today; he signed up for the army.
Since he worked with us last year he got married and gained a family of five, and there's one more on the way. I'm going for the health insurance and the salary, he said, and I'll get to retire by the time I'm forty-two. His is a military family, and he has a few buddies already doing their time in the armed forces. All I'll have to pay is utilities he said, they'll pay for our housing, and I can get a job after I retire.
He's catching a bus back to Arkansas this afternoon and will be in basic training at Fort Jackson in South Carolina in two weeks.
We'll be doing our same old drill in Massachusetts.

1 comment:

rcblues said...

good luck to josh... he is doing the right thing... my daughter did her time and her ex is in irag for the 3-4 time will be home soon.
military intel... go for it... and get all the education you can... also remember keep the chit chat with the wife to a min. while doing your time... rcb