Friday, April 22, 2011

A hell of a drive.

April 22, Mount Carmel.

Tavana was writing about the road in the Mark Twain National Forest the other day, saying how she had to pry her fingers open from the steering wheel when she finally made it to the lot. Other than the engine giving out at every hill and finally dying in the middle of one with a line of trucks behind me, I didn't find that road particularly hard to drive, actually I would have rather enjoyed it with a fully functioning vehicle. But today, today was my turn to pry my hands open from the steering wheel finger by finger. Driving in the dark, with winds and rain pounding and the motor home swerving this way and that on the highway, now that's my road nightmare.
One day at a time, goes the saying.
These rainy stormy days make that day after day after circus day.

1 comment:

Ellyn Rose said...

"These rainy stormy days make that day after day after circus day"

With great respect to Mr. Ryan: May all your days, not, be circus days, -under those types of conditions!

Be careful out there!