Saturday, January 08, 2011

The first week.

January 7, Saint-Ismier.

A week of school now and I tip my hat off to my kids.
Dylan went back the second day after being bullied the first and went every day after that ("Mom, you'd be a pilot and come and rescue me if they bother me;" I was there near the school yard to watch over him that day and that's all it took;) Nicolas came out at lunch-time all smiles, proclaiming that school was great, after I'd left him in tears the second morning, and has been doing just fine since. For kids who had never left me since they were born, no baby-sitter, no day-care, just our circus routine, it is a monumental achievement.
And the way they always skip our predictions, surprising us with who they are.

5 comments:

BARDON said...

Watch out, the boys might not want to leave school and go back to the circus...Barb

Valérie Berta Torales said...

Not up to them: I'm still the boss of this family. :)
We're going back soon... and very proud.

BARDON said...

Hope you have safe travel back to the States. We look forward to keeping in touch with you until we meet up again in the Summer in the Northeast. Brian wants us to come sooner and stay longer. We'll try to work it out. Barb

beverly said...

The boys in school no they are too young. The older they get the older we get. A life long friends' nephews now in their 40's I have know since they were in diapers. I don't remember the first days of school. Love seeing the pictures. Love to you all Hugs and kisses Beverly/Bob

Valérie Berta Torales said...

So great to hear form you Beverly!
Yes, way too young, school at three in France...
Miss you, hope you're well.