Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Truck trouble.

April 12, Pocahontas.

On with the transmission troubles.
The problem is that the reverse is hard to get into and once you've got it on you have to take it out while in motion or it won't come out and the gear will get stuck somewhere in gear netherland. The golden rule is if it gets in smoothly it will come out just as easily but of course I never can get it in smoothly so I always gets stuck. Since I am driving in the morning that tends to happen often. Chris knows about this now so he tries to park me where I don't have to use the reverse, but this morning Tavo parked me and he didn't know and I was stupid enough not to tell him upfront so once again we had to ask Castro to come and take the transmission apart.
Dodge trucks are well-known for transmission problems. This is the third time we are dealing with this; Casey has had to make double trips for a week now with a bad transmission on his new truck.
Our problem has been going on since Hugo and it's getting old fast, but mostly I get mad because I'm not able to maneuver so I can get the gear in nice enough it won't get stuck, hence reinforcing the macho stereotype, much prized by Fridman I'm sure, of women being terrible drivers.

2 comments:

ROD PRINGLE said...

Hi Valerie:

Sorry to read about the truck transmission problems. I always said " If it wasn't for cars and trucks and all the money it takes to insure them, and service them..we would all be rich " haha

How is Courtney doing? Did the ankle injury heal up OK?

Hope to see you all in Michigan this season.
I sure enjoy your photos and the daily blog of the show. You do a fantastic job!

Rod Pringle

Valérie Berta Torales said...

Thanks Rod.
Courtney is doing great, her ankle seems to have healed good. And I might have to never look - or drive - back for the rest of the season now that we checked on a rebuilt transmission's price tag...