Thursday, February 04, 2010

We're back and better.

February 1, 2010, Hugo, Oklahoma (1,100 miles and then a few.)

I withstood life in a house, and we made it safe back to Hugo and a frigid trailer.
We drove back from Florida over the week end, the trip went fast and easy with two ride-perfect kids, but a sore neck (Fridman called me Terminator because I couldn't turn my head and had to twist my whole bust instead,) the result of a bad chiropractic move that woke up an old injury, kept me on the verge of tears until I remembered the wonders of anti-inflammatories. That and a food poisoning whose effects lingered for weeks (Dylan threw up for an entire night, not the best memory,) and a persistent, wrenching dry cough (a month and counting) that spread to the kids before we left, made for a somewhat difficult winter, even if we were spared the extreme cold that gripped the rest of the nation.
Now we're back home, and I can eat again, not to mention turn my head.

2 comments:

Mat Coes said...

It's great to see you back. I look forward to the coming year-Have a great season!

Valérie Berta Torales said...

Thanks Matt!
Hope to see you in Mass.!