Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sour.


February 21, Brownsville.

What remains is the sour smell of sickness and mud.
I didn't see much of the circus in Brownsville, I didn't see much of anything. I haven't even met Carolyn yet, or the Australian twin girls who arrived on Friday; it is as if I lived on a parallel planet, in my orbit of unrelenting pain and discomfort. I am nauseous of my own skin, the sour taste taints the air in the trailer. Working on the program is at a standstill.
For anybody else it isn't much better. It rained and rained two days ago and the lot turned into a disastrous mud pit, worse than anything we've seen last year. It is an exact replica of what we went through with Circus Chimera three years ago, an ugly memory of there ever was one.
What remains is the sour smell of sickness and mud.

2 comments:

beverly said...

Hi Valerie, Wish I could bring you here, tuck you in bed and make it better. I was glad to see you back blogging. I missed it over the holidays. Bob and I are fine. Doing the usual which is mostly garage sales. Occasionally going to Playland to see Margaret, Steve, Carmelia, Nathanial etc. Lots of new volunteers. Playland is still popular-go figure. Cats are fine got some fixed but still more to get done. We wish you good health and dry weather. Hugs/Kisses and missing you all. Love Beverly and Bob

Valérie Berta Torales said...

Beverly! How good to hear from you guys! I'm happy you are good, please say hi to all the folks we know over there (Carmela and Nathaniel must be so grown now...)
I'm a little better now but damn antibiotics to hell - they made me sicker than I was without curing anything, it is a viral infection )or rather, damn bad doctors to hell.)
Good thing on the cats, wish I could whisk one away...
Missing you too,
v