Friday, August 28, 2009

Another absentee picture.


August 28, Benton Harbor.

Whenever the rain lets out the guys on the crew air the dirty laundry out, literally. They put their soaked work clothes out to dry, washing will wait for the next laundry day, for tomorrow's job will likely to be just as wet and muddy.
And that's all I can do without Courtney to help me with the kids, wait for one of them to take a nap and the other to go off with Fridman and walk around looking for a picture when everybody else is either sleeping or out.
I feel just as stuck, and frustrated, as Courtney, only it's with four extra legs, not a hurt one (admittedly much better.)

3 comments:

Rose said...

It's got to be frustrating. To be in a new place almost every day, and yet be in the same place every day. To have a gift you can't truly open. To have a need that can't always be met.

I hope you can find a way to see, be, express in your constraints. From your posts I see you as a great mother. From your photos I see you as an artist. From your compassion I see you as a good human being.

I wish you less frustration, and far more joy.

Valérie Berta Torales said...

Thanks Rose, I wanted to answer your other comment the other day but our internet connection has been poor, to say the least (it's five o'clock and I'm only now able to do anything with it.)
Thanks for your appreciation. I have much to learn, and first greater acceptance and gratitude for all the things in life. Ah, that zen ideal...
May you have a wonderful day.
It's breezy and cool here, it feels like fall, it's wonderful even without a summer.

Rose said...

Sometimes MI doesn't get summer. (I lived there a number of years, in between two other states) Sometimes we don't get enough of what we want or need.

If we were godlike creatures we could make a perfect life. If we were saints we could accept all the imperfections of life.

We're neither.

We're human.

...and it shows an intelligence to note the good, and the bad. It shows strength of character to live through the bad with a sense of hope. Enjoy all you can, but don't find fault for what you can't enjoy. Somethings we can't and somethings we shouldn't.

...and you really do great work (I was an art major back in the day, too), write well, and seem a wonderful soul.

Keep being you.