Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Princess.


April 16, Ironton.

Casey's truck broke down 10 miles from town, the road hilly again; later his daughter, Georgia got dressed in her princess outfit and danced a princess ballet.
We drove through Mark Twain National Forest again, still part of the Ozarks still. I got curious about all the logging trucks I saw on the road, and found out that the U.S Forest Service does a lot of timber business here; somehow I thought national forest meant protected forest but it seems to be far from reality. According to The Missouri Coalition for the Environment, "commercial timber harvesting, including even-aged management and clear-cutting, is promoted by the U.S. Forest Service as a primary use of the Mark Twain."

1 comment:

beverly said...

Hi Valerie, Fridman, Dylan and Mingo, How are you all doing? I hope you have fully recovered. You amaze me. I have been sick myself but all I do is sit in bed and BOb brings me food. I evan stayed home from Playland last Saturday. I still have a cough that is unpredicable as when it will happen which can be annoying late at night. I talked to Margaret today. Apparently there will be a parking lot sale of some of the $1.00 items she got donated to Playland. A 2 day sale to raise money for the Gala Grand Opening as there isn't any budget for that event. Margaret is wonderful. I like her additude of getting all donations free and to pay as a late resort. I think you would enjoy all the planing. It makes my head do a Linda Blair sometimes. I agree about that house. I know that great deals are available in other states. Of course compared to California any state seems a bargain. Loved that photo of Dylan and the green field. I remember rolling down the hills on the golf course when I was growing up. Somethings are fun forever. Find a nice green hill and down I roll. Zipp left on the 15th for the clown convention. I plan to go Saturday so it will be interesting to see what Ive missed. We miss you all. Love and Hugs Beverly and Bob