Friday, March 14, 2008

Fears past.

March 13, Hugo.

There was to be a rehearsal this afternoon but it was canceled, the rigging still being performed because of the slim tent crew. Fridman has been off at the circus all day, nevertheless, setting up his equipment - and this and that, as always. My circus life has begun again.
A nasty wind which started early in the afternoon and looked like it was going to bring a storm then died off in a disappointing drizzle. I am reminded of the avalanche of storms and hurricanes that fell on Dallas last year as I was pregnant with Nicolas then nursing him through his first days of life, leaving my Mom in horror of the area and me in primal fear of a repeat of the same now that we are to travel with the circus, in our little toy houses, with nowhere to hide - at the raw mercy of nature's wrath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

beverly said...

Valerie, I am so glad you are writing again. It was with sadness and happiness to read about all of you. The sadness because we miss you all so much and happiness because we are connected again. Nicholas wide eyes of discovery, Dylans wonderful smile of joy, Fridmans family stories and you glowing of family and love are truly missed. I sent an email but electronic communication is still uncomfortable for me. I still feel you should write books for children about circus life. Everyone at Playland will be happy to knoe you are writing again. Take care Love Beverly and Bob