Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mad maneuvers.

May 22, Scotts Valley.

The circus, once again, is set up here exactly where it was last year, smack in the middle of the small town north of Santa Cruz up in the hills on highway 17. We can walk everywhere, which I did yesterday to go grocery shopping with the two monsters while Fridman was working.
It was the first time I attempted such an outing; as I walked the aisles of the store with a squirmy Nicolas in my arms (he'd started crying the minute I got there,) with the other pushing the double stroller, enormous, where Dylan sat asleep, hoping to stave off the screams until we got safely back home so Dylan wouldn't later on be a screaming feast himself from lack of sleep, and incidentally hoping to shop, three people in a row commented upon passing me by: "You've got your hands full!" displaying a look that went from frankly amused (it must have been my hat) to slightly preoccupied (was I going to veer off and come crashing into their caddie?)
It sinks in on me a little more with every day that passes (I'm a slow learner) that I'm back traveling with the circus, which as I remember I vowed not to do again as I left last year, with now not one but two kids under two. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I decided to do this. Not of maneuvering a Humer-stroller among the aisles of a grocery store with one hand, I wasn't. And that's the good part.

No comments: