Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Mistakes.

July 10, Clearlake, California.

Travel day in the circus, 200 miles of (again) beautiful road, 101 South then 20 East around Clearlake, and the rest of the day free.
Temperatures reaching the high nineties, a shock after the coolness of the coast, hard work for the muchachos who had to raise the tent in the heat of the mid-day. Jim treated everybody to a night at the movies.
Dylan and I stayed home, as a movie with a seven-month-old is not my idea of fun. He's waking up regularly at five in the morning now, and since I nurse him when I put him to bed after our late night drives, he now wants to nurse too when he wakes up during the night. My mistake, but under the circumstances of life in a traveling circus, one that could not easily be avoided.

No comments: