Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Radio days.

Feb. 24, El Paso.
The circus is parked at a mall, next only to a Wal-mart location in circus people's list of dreams. I still can't work online - no internet connection. All I do is write these blog entries in a text program to post later. Being without internet is just like being without wheels, at least in this country: you feel completely powerless, as if someone had cut off both your arms (or legs, I guess, in the car analogy.)
Bright point: finally found National Public Radio on the dial again, and that feels like coming up for air after being underwater for too long. I was beginning to suffer from acute news deprivation (I remember now how I used to dream of not having to keep up with the news when working as a photojournalist - beware what you wish for.)

No comments: